Support Inclusion of Four Neurologic Performance Measurement Sets in PQRS
August 18, 2011
In its proposed CY 2012 Physician Fee Schedule, CMS plans to add four new performance measurement sets for Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, dementia, and sleep apnea to the Physician Quality Reporting System's (PQRS) program.
The AAN will comment in support of adding these new measurement sets to allow for maximum neurology participation in the program, but your voice is needed as well to ensure their adoption.
How to File Your Comment
- Go to to www.regulations.gov
- Select the "Submit a Comment" button in the upper right hand corner
- Enter your personal information and either type in your comment or upload a file to the website.
- Comments are due by August 30, 2011 by 5:00 p.m. ET
Download a template to address your letter to file a comment.
You may also use the following sample talking points when drafting your letter:
- Tell Dr. Berwick that you are writing to him as a practicing neurologist.
- Note that you support the addition of the new neurologic performance measurement sets CMS proposes to add to the Physician Quality Reporting System on Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, dementia, and/or sleep apnea.
- It is important to add these new neurologic measures because there are no other PQRS measures that directly relate to my practice.
- My reporting on these measures will help me improve my patient care by...
- The addition of these neurologic measures would help my practice by...
- Allowing me to pick and choose which individual disease measures to report on, instead of having to report on every measure in each disease group as was proposed by CMS, would increase the chances I would participate in the PQRS program because...
Questions or Need Assistance?
If you would like assistance, or would just like more information on any of these materials, contact Mark Pascu, Manager of Regulatory Affairs, at email@example.com or (202) 525-2018.