About AAN.com for Patients and Caregivers"Providing the best possible care for patients with neurologic disorders."
The AAN's patients and caregivers website is a comprehensive resource for you and your loved ones on specific neurologic disorders. This site combines important information from such credible sources as the American Academy of Neurology and the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke websites into one user-friendly site designed specifically for you and your family to become better informed about neurologic disorders.
- In-depth and easily searchable information on more than 250 neurologic disorders
- Find a Neurologist search tool—search anywhere!
- Compelling personal stories from Neurology Now® and AAN books
- AAN Practice Guideline summaries and press releases that help you and your family understand disorders as well as the latest news in the field of neurology
- Tips on how to prepare for an office visit and how to build a relationship with your doctor
- Searchable index of voluntary health agencies and support groups
- Information on the importance of research and how to support the future of neurology
- Simple-to-use navigation and search capabilities
About the American Academy of Neurology
The American Academy of Neurology, an association of 28,000 neurologists and neuroscience professionals, is dedicated to promoting the highest quality patient-centered neurologic care. A neurologist is a doctor with specialized training in diagnosing, treating and managing disorders of the brain and nervous system such as multiple sclerosis, restless legs syndrome, Alzheimer's disease, narcolepsy, and stroke.
How Are We Doing?
AAN.com for Patients and Caregivers strives to be your best single resource for answers to your questions about neurologic disease. We want to know how you think we are doing. Please contact us with any questions, concerns, comments, or suggestions.