New NeuroPI on Parkinson's Disease Now Available
July 13, 2011
Parkinson's disease is the focus of the latest addition to the AAN's NeuroPI℠ series of performance improvement modules designed to help members fulfill the Performance in Practice (PIP) component of Maintenance of Certification (MOC), as required by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN). Order NeuroPI: Parkinson's Disease today!
- Contains AAN-developed measures for Parkinson's disease
- Covers annual diagnostic review, and cognitive, psychiatric, and sleep disturbances related to PD
- Offers 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per module—an excellent value at only $199 per module for AAN members—that's $9.95 per CME credit! (nonmember price is $699)
- Helps demonstrate the profession's six core competencies
- Includes clinical tools for patient-centered approach to care
- Offers bonus Feedback Module resources to complete both projects concurrently
- Provides the tools you need for effective improvement over your lifetime of learning
- Also available in Epilepsy version
Because completing the PIP process can take up to two years, those applying for MOC between 2013 and 2015 should understand the requirements and begin working toward completing this initiative now. For those not applying for MOC, NeuroPI is specifically designed to extend beyond MOC requirements into everyday practice to benefit neurologists and patients. Order NeuroPI today!
What Is PIP and How Does It Relate to MOC?
MOC is not an AAN initiative. MOC is mandated by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) and is designed to ensure that physician specialists offer quality patient care through an ongoing process of self-improvement and performance improvement.
NeuroPI is also available in an Epilepsy version. Look for even more modules available in the coming months, including Patient Safety: Falls.