Concerned About Employment Contracts?

January 11, 2013


Making the transition from trainee to professional can be daunting when you are presented with your first legal employment contract. Even if you have signed an employment contract before, you may find the laws are different if you move to a new state.

The first thing to do is check with your state medical society. It likely has knowledge about specific state laws that may apply and information regarding referrals to lawyers in your state who have experience with physician employment contracts.

If you are a member of the American Medical Association, you can access the Annotated Model Physician Employment Agreement.

The AAN has resources available to assist you in working with your state medical society and others to refer a lawyer based on your individual needs. For assistance, contact AAN General Counsel Bruce Levi, JD.