Free Webinar Decodes 2013 Physician Fee Schedule
January 2, 2013
The 2013 Practice Management Webinar series will kick off on Tuesday, January 8, with the first free webinar for AAN members, “Decoding the 2013 Physician Fee Schedule: Changes that Impact Neurology.” This 90–minute session online begins at 12:00 p.m. ET. The deadline to register is Monday, January 7.
Presenter Bryan Soronson, MPA, FACMPE, CRA, former chair of the Business and Research Administrators in Neurology Society (BRAINS) and member of the AAN’s Coding Subcommittee, will:
- Describe changes to the payments in the 2013 Medicare Fee Schedule
- Identify opportunities and challenges relating to these Fee Schedule changes from a neurology perspective
- Discuss the impact of these changes to their practice
- Address other issues that relate to billing and reimbursement of neurology services
With the exception of two free webinars, the cost for AAN members to participate is $149 for the first and $50 for each additional webinar—a 30–percent savings off nonmember pricing—only if multiple webinars are purchased in the same transaction. Slides are included with all webinar purchases. Participants will be able to access free recordings of the live webinars they attend. Non–physicians who attend will receive a certificate of completion; physicians can earn 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per webinar.
2013 webinars include:
- January 8: Decoding the 2013 Physician Fee Schedule: Changes that Impact Neurology*
- February 5: Correcting Common Mistakes in ICD, E/M, and CPT Coding
- March 7: Balancing Medicare Incentive Programs and Penalties: What You Need to Know as a Neurologist*
- April 9: Correct Coding for Chemodenervation
- April 24: Working with NPs and PAs to Maximize Office Productivity
- May 14: Remaining Relevant in the Changing Health Care Payment and Care Delivery Systems
- June 5: Coding Accurately for Epilepsy
- June 25: E/M: Minimize Mistakes, Maximize Reimbursement
- July 16: Defending the Solo and Small Practice Neurologist
- August 13: Making Sense of Coverage Denials
- September 10: 2013 Correct Coding for Diagnostic Sleep Testing
- October 8: Meaningful Use Stage 2: Prepare Your Practice
- October 29: Protecting Your Reputation as a High Quality Physician
- November 19: 11 Months and Counting: Are You Ready for ICD–10?
* Free to all AAN members; $99 for all nonmembers.
Learn more about the 2013 AAN Practice Management Webinars—and register today.