Neurology Career Week Brings Job Opportunities Starting September 24
August 6, 2012
Anyone looking to make a career change is encouraged to participate in Neurology Career Week, an AAN online career event September 24 through 28. This is the only career fair specific to neurologists and neurology related positions.
The event is free for members who can participate by creating an online profile in the Neurology Career Center at www.aan.com/careers. Visit the website for the latest details and current week's schedule. Activities for the week include:
- Online Job Fair – Research 40 different employers by downloading a variety of multimedia elements (such as interviews with current staff and links to community information). Chat and messaging options exist to interact with hiring managers. Offered at no cost to job seekers; employers can reserve a virtual booth for $500. View a demo www.aanonlinejobfair.com.
- CV Reviews – Offered at no charge for members. Submit your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 17 to receive a professional CV Review. Limited to the first 500 respondents.
- Personal Coaching Sessions – Sign up by September 17 for a free 30–minute, face–to–face video session via Skype with a personal coach to practice your interview skills. Email email@example.com to check availability. Limited to the first 16 members.
- Online Job Search – Look for your next career opportunity on the world's largest job search site specific to neurology.
In addition, Neurology Career Week will also host four free webinars for neurology professionals, including:
- Monday, September 24: "Transitioning to Practice" (sponsored by Hospital Corporation of America)
- Tuesday, September 25: "Working Successfully with a Recruiter"
- Wednesday, September 26: "History of the Reflex Hammer"
- Thursday, September 27: "Telemedicine and Neurology Practice: How to Minimize the Risks"
All webinars are offered at 12 noon (CST) at www.aanonlinejobfair.com with the exception of the “History of the Reflex Hammer” which is offered at 7PM (CST).
Watch for your copy of the Career Week edition of the Career Compass Job Guide! It features recruitment ads, articles on career topics and a full schedule of Career Week events. It mails to AAN members on September 10. Employers may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to advertise.
Career Checklist for Neurology Job Seekers
Here are a few tips for preparing for Neurology Career Week:
- You must be an AAN member to create a free Career Center profile. If you are not yet a member, visit www.aan.com/go/membership/join or contact Member Services at (800) 879–1960.
- Polish your CV and send it to email@example.com before September 17, to be reviewed by a professional.
- Mark your calendar for the week of September 24 so you can make the most of your time garnering advice, researching potential employers, and searching for jobs online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Win Prizes When You Create or Update Your Career Center Profile
Visit the Career Center during Neurology Career Week and you could win a $500 Apple gift card or other prizes. All profiles created or updated between August 1 and September 28, 2012, are automatically entered and eligible to win!