Neurology Career Week Begins October 10
October 3, 2011
Neurology Career Week is nearly here! Whether you are a resident, fellow, or grad student completing your training—or an experienced neurologist looking to make a career change—this free, online-only event is your source for job opportunities in the field.
Click anywhere on the image to visit the Online Job Fair, chat live with employers, attend webinars, and more!
Get started now by creating an online profile in the Neurology Career Center. Remember to mark your calendar for the following scheduled event and activities*:
- Online Job Fair—Visit virtual booths and chat with an array of employers seeking neurologists
- CV Reviews—Submit your curriculum vitae before October 11 to be reviewed by experienced AAN members who can give you feedback on how to improve your résumé. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mock Interviews—Sign up by October 7 for face-to-face video interviews via Skype to practice your interview skills and get advice on presenting yourself during a real interview. Email email@example.com to check availability
- Daily AAN Store Specials—Each day a new item from the AAN Store will be offered at a special rate in addition to your member discount
- Online Job Search—Look for your next career opportunity on the world's largest job search site for neurologists
Attend one of the FREE, live webinars geared for those beginning a career neurology (log in using your email and password):
- Monday, October 10: “The Immigration Prescription for J-1 Visa Waiver Success”
- Tuesday, October 11: “Insurance 101 and the Medical Malpractice Basics for Neurologists,” sponsored by PRMS Risk Management Services, Inc.
- Wednesday, October 12: “Learn How Stipend Programs Work, a One- to Two-year Career Opportunity for Residents,” sponsored by Hospital Corporation of America
- Thursday, October 13: “Employment Contracts: What You Should Know”, will offer solid advice for job seekers negotiating their first contract
*NOTE: All scheduled events are Central Time—adjust for your time zone accordingly.