2016 Brain Health Fair
Friday, April 15, 2016 Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Brain Health Fair is a FREE, daylong event connecting hundreds of neurology patients, families, and caregivers affected by a brain disease, as well as students interested in brain science and the general public interested in brain health. The program is designed and executed by neurologists, with local and national experts, who are on hand to answer questions about the wonders of the brain and the latest research advances in multiple sclerosis, dementia, epilepsy, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, traumatic brain injury, pediatric neurology, and other brain diseases.
The 2016 Brain Health Fair will be held in Vancouver, BC, Canada, on Friday, April 15, giving the public the opportunity to attend small presentations from neurologists, an exhibit hall, activities for kids and teens, science fair, giveaways, support patient groups, and more. Patients, caregivers, and families will learn about new tools, observed medical equipment in action, gain awareness of the benefits of nutrition and emotional health, and participate in the following fun and informative areas:
- Cranial nerve stations-learn about the nerves that govern your senses
- Prevention and healthy lifestyle tips
- Build a neuron craft
- Swim cap brain art
- Interactive walk-through brain
- Science fair
- Active games in the sports pavilion
- Free bike helmet giveaway
Presented by the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) - the world’s largest association of neurologists. Each year the Brain Health Fair is scheduled during the opening day of the AAN’s Annual Meeting, which brings over 12,000 neurologists and health care professionals into a participating city.
2016 Brain Health Fair Event ProgramThe Brain Health Fair program is designed and executed by neurologists, with local and national experts on hand to answer your questions.
Brain Health Information Keynote Address
Hear from the best and brightest in neurology, bringing attendees up-to-speed on the latest discoveries and new directions in neurologic medicine relevant to patient outcomes.
Discovery Zone and Exhibit Hall
Patients, caregivers, and families can learn about new tools, observe medical equipment in action, and gain awareness of the benefits of nutrition and emotional health. Patient groups will present helpful resources and provide health screenings. Attendees will learn about the brain, how it works, the field of neurology, and what a neurologist does. Local students will have the opportunity to participate in the Brain Health Fair science fair area.
Visit the Presentation Stage for a variety of demonstrations throughout the day.
The Brain Health Fair is seeking local Vancouver, BC, Canada, students to showcase their individual projects on brain, spinal cord, nerve or muscle science.
Your school could win $1,000 and a cool brain model to enhance its science program if you are one of the five most-represented schools at the Brain Health Fair. Gather your students and class mates and come to the event!
2015 Brain Health Fair Exhibitors
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alzheimer's Foundation of America
- American Brain Coalition
- American Brain Foundation
- American Heart / American Stroke Association
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- ASET-The Neurodiagnostic Society
- Autism Speaks
- Benign Essential Blepharospasm Research Foundation, Inc.
- Brainy Camps Association
- Children's National Health System
- Behavioral Medicine/Pain Clinic
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center
- Dementia Society of America
- Dysautonomia International
- Dystonia Medical Research Foundation
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Established Status Epilepticus Treatment Trial (ESETT)
- Falun Dafa Association of DC
- Holy Cross Health
- Hydrocephalus Association
- Inova Health Systems
- International Bipolar Foundation
- International Essential Tremor Foundation (IETF)
- Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals (formerly Questcor)
- MSA Coalition
- National Ataxia Foundation
- National Headache Foundation
- National Institue of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
- National Parkinson Foundation
- National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association
- National Spasmodic Torticollis Association
- Natus Neurology Incorporated
- Neurology Now / AAN
- Parkinson Foundation of the National Capital Area
- Parkinson's Action Network
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation, Inc.
- Philadelphia Chapter Society for Neuroscience / The Brain Guys
- Seabury Resources for Aging
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
- Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Teva CNS
- The ALS Association - DC/MD/VA Chapter
- The Bee Foundation: Brain Aneurysm Research & Awareness
- The George Washington University Hospital
- The Huntington's Disease Youth Organization HDYO
- Tuit Nutrition, LLC
- Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.
- Well Spouse Association
2015 Brain Health Fair Sponsors
Bring your organization to the Brain Health Fair as a sponsor or exhibitor to take advantage of this rare opportunity to connect with the greater neurologic community of patients, caregivers, and the public.
Platinum Event Sponsor
Gold Event Sponsor
Silver Event Sponsor
AmeriBrain by Interactive Exhibits
George Washington University
Brain Health Fair Notice and Conditions
The activities conducted and content distributed at the American Academy of Neurology's (AAN) Brain Health Fair are for educational purposes only and do not constitute or substitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
The AAN does not recommend or endorse any specific physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned at the Brain Health Fair. Reliance on any information provided is solely at attendee's own risk.
The AAN is not liable to any attendee or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by based on reliance upon the information provided at the Brain Health Fair. Attendee assumes any and all liability associated with attendance/participation at the Brain Health Fair. The AAN is not liable for any claims whatsoever for personal injury, illness, death, or damages of any kind as a result of or caused by attendance/participation at the Brain Health Fair.
Attendance/participation is voluntary. All portions of the Brain Health Fair may be photographed, videotaped and/or recorded for future rebroadcast, distribution, promotion, or other commercial purpose. By attending the Brain Health Fair you are consenting to being recorded, photographed, and/or videotaped without payment or remuneration of any kind. Any recording, photographs or videos of any nature are the sole property of the AAN.
Children must be escorted and supervised by an adult at all times. Child supervision is not provided at the AAN's Brain Health Fair.