About AAN.com for Patients and Caregivers"Providing the best possible care for patients with neurologic disorders."
The AAN's patients and caregivers website is a comprehensive resource for you and your loved ones on specific neurologic disorders. This site combines important information from such credible sources as the American Academy of Neurology and the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke websites into one user-friendly site designed specifically for you and your family to become better informed about neurologic disorders.
- In-depth and easily searchable information on more than 250 neurologic disorders
- Find a Neurologist search tool—search anywhere!
- Compelling personal stories from Neurology Now® and AAN books
- AAN Practice Guideline summaries and press releases that help you and your family understand disorders as well as the latest news in the field of neurology
- Tips on how to prepare for an office visit and how to build a relationship with your doctor
- Searchable index of voluntary health agencies and support groups
- Information on the importance of research and how to support the future of neurology
- Simple-to-use navigation and search capabilities
About the American Academy of Neurology
The American Academy of Neurology, an association of 24,000 neurologists and neuroscience professionals, is dedicated to promoting the highest quality patient-centered neurologic care. A neurologist is a doctor with specialized training in diagnosing, treating and managing disorders of the brain and nervous system such as multiple sclerosis, restless legs syndrome, Alzheimer's disease, narcolepsy, and stroke.
About the American Academy of Neurology Foundation
The American Academy of Neurology Foundation raises money to support vital research into the prevention, treatment and cure of brain disorders. The AAN Foundation is committed to improving patient care, quality of life and public understanding of the brain and other neurologic disorders.
The American Academy of Neurology publishes a host of educational and inspirational resources designed specifically to help those with neurologic disease—and their loved ones—better manage their conditions and lead healthier lives. Publications include: the award-winning Neurology Now® magazine, Neurology Now Books, and the AAN's own selection of titles.
The AAN is also the premier publisher of clinical reference journals for neurologists, including Neurology®, the single most widely read and highly cited peer-reviewed journal in the field; Neurology Today®, the field's leading news tabloid; and Continuum: Lifelong Learning in Neurology®, the premier journal for continuing medical education and maintenance of certification.
How Are We Doing?
AAN.com for Patients and Caregivers strives to be your best single resource for answers to your questions about neurologic disease. We want to know how you think we are doing. Please contact us with any questions, concerns, comments, or suggestions.